Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Celebrations

I have been furiously working on quilting my bright Kaffe Fassett fabric laden quilt.  It doesn't have a name yet although a few have been swirling around in my head.


It is the first time I have used perle 8 thread to quilt.  I started in August.  Between then and now I have quilted "Muffet's Way", a 66" square spiderweb quilt in perle 8 thread as well.  This top is almost finished



except for the final border.  I need to have it complete with binding and hanging sleeve by Friday.  It is Wednesday  morning Sydney time.  I love deadlines, don't you.  I normally wouldn't have posted an almost finished quilt but I wanted the opportunity to greet my fellow Aussies on Australia Day.  G'day.
I believe it is also Indian Republic Day, so if you are reading from India, have a good day, too.

Back to the quilt.

It is going to be hung in a local quilt shop.  Kaffe Fassett is making a quick tour of the east coast of Australia in February and he is apparently going to call in at a few quilting shops.  So Quiltsmith's owner would like to turn her shop into  a veritable "Kaffe's cave" for a brief period.


Back to the quilting!

5 comments:

Carol G said...

Beautiful! He should be pleased.

Julie Fukuda said...

It really looks great! I wonder how that thread compares to sashiko thread. I think you mentioned it before and now I am looking more carefully at the thread section in our locak craft store.
I know nothing about lines of fabric but anyone can go gaga over this!

antique quilter said...

the quilt looks wonderful! how lucky are you to have your quilt displayed so Kaffe can see it!
if your there maybe he will sign your label if you ask him!
I am really wanting to hand quilt a quilt with pearle cotton , did you enjoy it?
Kathie

Crispy said...

WOW the quilt is so bright and beautiful!! I too have contemplated using perle cotton for quilting one day....just need a project it would be good for :0) Your stitching looks so lovely.

Crispy

Una said...

Ooo, how lovely! The colors are so vibrant, and your stitches just wonderful. I hope you meet Mr. Fassett. Exciting times ahead, huh!