Quilterie has been very quiet recently. I've been busy with lots of little fiddly things. You may remember a quilt I showed before called Georgetown Square.
Well I needed some of the sashing fabric for some fussy cutting in another quilt, but you know how it is...you can't cut into a fabric if there is the tiniest possibility that there won't be enough for the initial project.
So, after some phaffing about I finally put some sashing onto the Georgetown Square:
I didn't get very far before I realised that the directional fabric may require mitres in the corners. Too late. Anyway with such a complex fabric pattern, that seemed like a poor option. Before cutting any more of my sashing I thought I'd better consider further border options. At this point the quilt only measures 52" square, just too small to be useful.
So I am not much further along with the design. In spite of my dislike of curved piecing the quilt seems to demand it
but now I know why this top keeps ending up in the cupboard. Pity, really. I would love to liberate the sashing fabric!